Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 11: Live Smoke Free

I am so grateful that I never picked up the habit of smoking. With my addictive personality, I’m sure I’d be smoking at least five packs per day. Thank you, God! I did try when I was 20 years old because I always heard that when people stop smoking, they gain weight. I assumed that if you start smoking, you’d lose weight. I just could not get the hang of it. I tried three cigarettes and I was coughing and choking like an idiot. I gave away the rest of the cigarettes and never smoked again. Now, if I cold only do that with chocolate and ice cream. Wow, life would be so easy.

I had a blast at our Get Active event at the U of Indy. We got quite the workout by doing Jazzercise. And boy, did we work out, thanks to our vivacious leader, Latesha. I loved it and I can’t wait to try it again. I’ve done almost every kind of exercise out there, but somehow I skipped Jazzercise. Now I can add that to my repertoire and I plan to really get into it soon. Latesha owns the Jazzercise located at the Performing Arts Center, 575 W. Carmel Drive, Carmel, Indiana. You will have so much fun working out that you won’t realize you’re working out. Try it, you’ll like it. Thank you soooo much, Latesha!!!!

Kudos to our very own Dr. Peggy Averitte. I cut out the article from yesterday’s Indianapolis Star and it’s hanging on my bulletin board. You are my inspiration. Way to go, Peggy!!!

I hope to see everyone at our walking event at the White River Park Visitors Center, 801 W. Washington Street on Saturday, May 21st at 10:00 a.m. Be there or be square! Sandy F.

No comments:

Post a Comment