Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Thursday, May 5, 2011

To B12 or Not to B12? That is the question....

OK, so I've had a hard time getting my mojo on since this challenge started...fatigue, lethargy, getting lightheaded while working out...just general blahs. Having a history of anemia, I asked the doctor for a general blood workup. Well, my hemoglobin count was OK, so no anemia there. But my B12 levels were way deficient! Symptoms include light headedness, fatigue, inability to concentrate....Wow, that's me!
Sources of B12 include meat, fish, eggs, dairy...all things I was trying to watch for my cholesterol count....ugh!
So I'm hoping my mojo returns now that I'm getting B12 again.
By the way, mania and psychoses are also effects of low B12....so watch out for my mood swings!

No comments:

Post a Comment