Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Monday, February 6, 2012

Semi-Controlled Cheat Meal

Well, I must say, Superbowl Sunday has been one of my biggest challenges!! I ate a WHOLE pizza! Not sure I should be publicizing that fact! We made homemade pizza -- rolled out the crust superthin and topped with lowfat mozarella and feta, and lots of cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, chicken breast, carmelized onions, and homemade (no fat) pizza sauce. YUM! Oh, and sipped liberally on Bailey's. Okay, so that all probably falls right off the semi-controlled radar and into a totally uncontrolled cheat meal!

Okay -- well back on the path today! And here is some very positive news. When I saw Julie Schnieders and had my cholesterol checked on Jan. 13 -- I had a cholesterol of 220. I just donated blood last week on Feb. 1 -- when you donate blood, they automatically do a complementary cholesterol for you, and post it on their website. My cholesterol on Feb. 1 was 155!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sit up and take notice! Following a heart healthy diet can make a significant difference in cholesterol levels (and likely all other components of the lipid panel). These are results I am seeing by following Adrienne's recommendations for weight loss -- sticking to 25 grams of fat a day. Love it, love it, love it!!!!!!!!! I am going to be off cholesterol lowering medication in no time!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: