Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

GO RED LUNCHEON



If you didn't attend the luncheon, you missed out! It was fabulous! It was a sea of red, and what a beautiful sight it was! It was so much fun. We did miss one of our fellow challengers, Laura, due to illness. My only complaint, the time went by too fast! I didn't get to do everything i wanted to. There was some fabulous art work on display, and time just didn't permit for me to browse and admire them all.

I got my makeup done! Sweet! There were hair stylists there as well. My friend, Jody Lee, accompanied me to the luncheon. We were sure to hit up the photo booth in the Love Your Heart Lounge, and we love our pics! I posted the pics and included a photo of all the free stuff we received! I got a foot thing done, not exactly a massage, but the exact term is escaping me, but it was fabulous. My friend got a neck massage that she loved! I saw a belly dancer giving a demonstration! How cool! What a fun way to do your heart some good! And free stuff! We got some amazing free stuff! Pacer tickets for one thing! Can you believe that I've never been to a Pacer game? Well that's about to change! I got a really cool exercise band that can give you quite a workout. I was freaking out because I left my house without my hair brush. And what do you know, they were giving hair brushs away! The hair Gods had my back!

I have to admit I was too nervous to eat my lunch, because we had to take the stage and strut our stuff on the catwalk. However, you best believe I ate the fabulous chocolate cake that I believe was only 250 calories and divine! Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too? lol Julie Schnieder of St. Vincent Center For Womens Health and Anne Marie Tiernon of WTHR did a fabulous job, and put us at ease. Though I felt very much out of my comfort zone being on stage in front of 1,000 people, but I made it thru without falling and even rocked a red feather boa with my Macys outfit and accessories. And I have to mention Brea Carlson, her story was so touching. And this my friend, is what it's all about. Saving lives, so that another young girl isn't left motherless due to a cardiovascular event that could possibly be prevented.

Tim Harms and Julie Petr of The American Heart Assocation were on hand, and they are always so supportive and full of encouragment. Tims wife was kind enough to help us backstage and make sure we didn't miss our cue.

I ran into one of my favorite people, Adrienne D'Angelo from St. Vincent Center For Womens Health. She is like a walking encyclopedia, full of knowledge I tell you! She explains things in a way that makes sense to even me! Now, if she could just explain one of my radiology classes to me, Radiation Physics, life would be good!

Love your heart,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment