Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Slow and steady wins the race!

I admit there have been days I've just wanted to throw my hands up and give up but no matter what to vent and get myself refocused on the bigger picture, and for that I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!! :0)

With all the walking and excercise of volunteering, enjoying the everything that Indy provided in Superbowl Village, I know MORE than walked 10,000 steps a day there and kept my water intake and even found healthy choices to eat there too!
My workout schedule was modified with the schedules but I still found time to rest and recover, well sort of lol.

I was so excited about meeting with Cheryl Kinsbury this past Monday!
We talked about what I wanted to get out of this whole experience and especially with my exercise plan. We did a all over body workout in 30 minutes! They were simple exercises and used stability ball and bands and a universal machine and its amazing how you can tweek a few positions and get more bang for your buck!

I don't have to go to the extreme and put myself in harms way to accomplish the goal just got to make sure my exercise is CHALLENGING for me and add the variety so it causes your muscles to respond accordingly.(Cheryl you were right!, the next day I was thinking of you when certain parts of my body achy but it was in a GOOD way THANKS!)

I'm looking forward to meeting Nancy @ Macy's this week to select clothes for the Fashion Show for the GoRedForWomenLuncheon coming up (gasp) NEXT WEEK!!!
(that should be fun, scary and exciting all in one for sure!)

Here's something to think about , How much SALT do you consume in a day?
I know I've got friends and family that LOVE that SALT, I don't cook with it, don't season with it, I use Ms.Dash love the stuff!
Watch what you are eating, read those labels, and if you are cooking DON'T season the food with it! Your HEART will thank you for it!

Here's link for more details on Salt... KNOWLEDGE is POWER!

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm61e0207a1.htm?s_cid=mm61e0207a1_e


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment