Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Monday, April 4, 2011

What's That Marketing Message Doing In My Meat?

OK, so I consider myself a well-read individual who likes to know about healthy eating, common sense choices and how I can offset my negative genes.
I also have eight smart siblings and one fit husband who know about healthy food choices. So why have we all been taken in by the "All red meat is bad" message perpetrated by the pork and poultry industries?
I learned Saturday that this message is simply untrue. I was shocked to see the cholesterol numbers for chicken and that in some cases it is higher than certain cuts of red meat.
The key learning here is to read the facts, read the labels and then make decisions. I'm not going to go crazy and start eating meat all the time, but I am going to enjoy a sirloin now and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment