Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Monday, February 22, 2010

Cups for cupcakes!

Hi everybody! Wow, I am so glad to be back with you all. Where have I been? Glad you asked. For the past few weeks I have been stranded on Camp Solus. I traveled there on my own, built my own campfire, sang my own campfire songs, counted the stars and cried my own river. So dramatic...if you are at all familiar with Latin, then you know that 'solus' is the Latin word for 'alone'. And that is what I have been since February 5...the official GO Red Day.



The day started off beautifully...I met up with some of the team at Washington Square Mall to celebrate GO Red and walk. Left there and met up with some new "galfriends" at Jiffy Lube, 82nd & Allisonville Road. Look at them!!!
It was a great day...I don't know exactly where the disconnect happened but trust me, it did. I won't bore you, right now, with all the emotions and negative self-talk I've subjected myself to - my purpose in getting back to the blog is this:
Somewhere, out there, is a gal, or a guy, who is not feeling very focused, not motivated, your mood elevator has dropped lower than ever before because once again, you are in the midst of failing. You have compared yourself to someone and you are not measuring up. You have given more value to other people's expectations than you really should have. You have allowed distraction to be your guide and you'd like to visit Camp Solus yourself because that would be easier than facing all the people you think you have let down.

Hear me very loud and clear. You've come way too far to turn around now and the BEST is yet to come! Nobody can make this happen for you - and yes, it is extremely hard but you can do it! You must give yourself credit for all the good you have accomplished and you must be very honest with yourself about what you can do better, how you can push harder and then with everything you have inside - P.U.S.H. Pray Until Something Happens!

I know what I'm talking about - I found out today while trying on clothes at Macy's for Friday's Fashion Show that I've traded in cupcakes for a cup size!! Hallelujah! THAT was all I needed to redirect my thoughts!
Watch out now...I'm back on the trail...back to the journey!

I'm pretty sure I'll be writing again tomorrow so for now - goodnight Sweet Peas~

Pleasant dreams~

2 comments:

  1. Cupcakes for a cup size - LOVE it! Yesterday, I got this message from the "God wants you to know" app on Facebook: "... that it's never too late to get back on track. Never has anyone gone so far on the wrong path that they cannot return to the right one. Never has anyone become so wayward that they cannot benefit from the true light."

    Sometimes I can't appreciate the heights I've reached if I don't spend some time down in the valley first.

    So glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete