Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Sunday, February 21, 2010

February Farewell...

Although February is "the month" for heart health awareness and the biggest time of year for our cause, I have to say I am not sad to say farewell to February. I am a person who loves warmth, sun, beaches, going barefoot, outside temperatures of 80, and wearing my cut-offs in the garden. Winter is not my friend and it has been tough to see it through this year. It is difficult to make your way to the gym and not be able to get outside. I am so looking forward to Spring....

My challenge goals have really helped me make it through this winter. Staying the course helps me through the tough days and helps to remind me that spring is around the corner and this year I will be able to enjoy it so much more because of better health. Next Friday is the luncheon and I am looking forward to the event. My older daughter Brittany is my "date" and I hope that the impact will help her make good decisions for her life also.

A big HIGH-FIVE this week to Amy on her number comparisons....it is amazing the impact good habits can have on the body. The body is an incredible machine and has the capacity for forgiveness, regeneration, and growth. I am so excited to see my comparison measurement numbers in March. I can already see the difference in resting and target heart rates - my resting heart rate has dropped 16 points. I credit that not only to working out, but the majority to not smoking. Today marks 31 days....hip-hip hooray! I owe huge amounts of hugs, praise, and thanks to Go Red - if not for you all - I doubt I would have met my smoking goals!

I have stepped up my cardio and have set new goals for myself. I went and splurged on new running shoes and one goal is to sign up for some running events in the spring. It would be not only a great goal, but also a way to meet new people. Who would have ever thought that I would actually like running? Go figure....but I have learned a lot about myself during this time - not only about my physical self, but also the emotional components that were holding me back in so many ways. Kara has kept my weight lifting program random so my muscles have to react and not become too accustomed to the same program. Of course I love lifting and am finally seeing the results of my effort through adding definition and bulk. I have had to increase my protein and eating more to keep up with working out so much. I absolutely love working out and it helps me not only physically but psychologically as well. Doesn't hurt to look at the cute guys at Lifetime either!

I hope to see all of you on Friday....it has been such a wonderful opportunity to be involved with Go Red. There are so many amazing people involved and I applaud all of their efforts and their commitment. Everyone have an incredible week!
Kimila <3

1 comment:

  1. Kimila - 31 days. That is so awesome! I bet your daughter is so proud of you. And to think that you're consciously adding protein, when at the the beginning of this you said you sometimes forgot to eat. Love the running shoe splurge. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete