Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Thursday, January 26, 2012

Feel the burn!

After 2 personal training sessions, I have to say I'm feeling the burn.  Literally.

Every single part of my body hurts.  I hurt in places I didn't know it was possible to hurt in.  It is a good pain though because that means I'm doing something!  My eating has been a lot healthier.  I keep hearing Adrienne's words ringing through my ears "Eat for health first and taste second."  That seems so strange.  I've ALWAYS eaten for taste first.  Amazingly, though, I've found many things that are both healthy AND tasty so my challenge has been figuring out how to incorporate them into my daily diet.  I've noticed I can serve healthier choices at meals and my kids don't throw a fit.  At last night's dinner, I didn't have a side dish to go with our main dish.  Ordinarily I would have fixed a box mix of potatoes or macaroni and cheese or something equally as unhealthy.  Instead, I served cut up vegetables with light ranch dressing.  They loved it!!  I was shocked!

Guess that's one more excuse I can't use anymore!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment