Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Monday, January 16, 2012

Who's your "Coach Green"

It's funny, the places that I'm drawing inspiration from during my Go Red BetterU Challenge. I was fortunate to be a student at Marion High School during the glory days of phenom basketball Coach Bill Green, who coached the Giants to 85, 86 & 87 state titles. He was an Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame coach with 6 state titles. He was such a great motivator and an amazing person. He gave me a piece of advice back in the day... "Never ride the wave of something great that you did yesterday, because I've slept since then. What I want to know is, what are you going to do TODAY that is great and amazing? Now show me!!"

I often hear those words of his echoing in my head. What am I going to do TODAY to fight heart disease? Just because I ate healthy and exercised yesterday, doesn't give me a free pass for today, tomorrow, and the rest of the week. Sadly, Coach Bill Green passed away recently, but his words of wisdom will live on forever. I hope that everyone has a "Coach Green" in their life, giving them inspiration and motivation! Thank you Coach Green! You will be missed.

What are you doing TODAY to improve your heart health and fight heart disease??

Love your ♥,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment