Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Friday, January 6, 2012

A New Year-A New Me-A New Us!

After attending the kick off breakfast for the Go Red for Women gathering this morning, I come away with a new focus....a focus that not only involves getting myself healthier for 2012 and beyond, but reaching out to others to help them commit to a better, healthier year as well. I know that to many, heart disease is thought to be a "man's disease." But, as I learned this morning, 1 in 30 American women die of breast cancer and 1 in 3 die from cardiovascular disease. In fact, more women die of cardiovascular disease than the next five causes of death combined, including all forms of cancer. So, my message to my friends, family, acquaintances, co-workers, and other participants of the Go Red BetterU Makeover Challenge is that with each others help, support, camaraderie and prayers we will all make a difference to be a better, healthier population. Stay tuned for details as I give my all to this challenge. And, help to challenge yourself and others in your inner circle to become involved in a challenge that could help to save your life and theirs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment