Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Saturday, January 14, 2012

Keep on truckin'

Well, I'm now to my first weekend on my new Better U lifestyle and last night was the first time I've had a dinner out with friends since I started.  I was so very proud of my choices.  One thing Adrienne discussed with us on Thursday was having a "controlled cheat" meal once a week and I did just that.  We went to Applebee's and I was pleasantly surprised with the number of very healthy choices they have!!!!  Nachos were ordered for the entire table and those were my "controlled cheat."  Whereas, I could have very easily scarfed down the whole platter myself, I had my husband serve me out a tiny plate.  We estimated that I ate about 1/4 of them (and that is probably being over-generous...it was  BIG PLATE!)  After I had the taste of those yummy nachos, I then had the Paradise Chicken Salad with no dressing.  It is only 250 calories and I couldn't even finish the whole thing!  It was delicious!

I've been keeping up with my workouts every day and tracking every single thing that goes into my body.  That makes me feel like I have more control over it all.

So, nothing new or profound to add today.  Just checking in with my small victories!  Since this is a 3 day weekend for my kids AND my husband, it is going to be challenging to continue to eat well all weekend but I'm up for the challenge!  I've already had my ONE controlled cheat meal, so from here until NEXT weekend, I'm eating well like it's my job!!

How are all of you doing???  Any restaurant favorites?  Check in...especially if you aren't a challenger!!!!

We're all in this together!!!!

~Molly

1 comment: