Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Monday, January 23, 2012

Ouch

So I (ouch) had my first ever (ow) personal training session tonight (ouch)!  It was REALLY (ouch) COOL!

Oh sorry, it hurts when I blink.

Just kidding, it isn't QUITE that bad but close.  It really was neat.  I wore my heart rate monitor and I never dropped below 125 beats per minute even when not doing cardio.  When doing serious cardio, I hit 170 a couple times.  I mostly appreciated having someone watching me who wouldn't let me quit when I was getting tired.  The most painful portion was when I had to do plyometric lunges for 30 seconds followed by hopping on one leg twice, the other leg twice and then 2 plyo lunges for 30 seconds.  It got to the point where when trying to hop on one leg, I literally could. not. get. my foot off the ground!!!  I just kind of stood on one leg and moved my body up and down.  I'm sure I looked ever so coordinated!!!

All in all, I'm really looking forward to the next session!  My assignment for tomorrow (assuming I'm not in traction tomorrow morning) is to do 30 minutes on the elliptical to get my muscles warmed up and stretched out before Wednesdays next personal training session.

No comments:

Post a Comment