Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dear Self, Why Do You Sabotage Me?

I've known for quite a few weeks that March 7 was the launch date for the Better U Challenge....so what did I do leading up to that date? I ate like I was a bear preparing for hibernation! And I totally slacked off in my exercising...like I could store up that unused energy and unleash it all at once this week like a super-human Amazon woman!
But alas, eating and exercising does not work like that...we need an ongoing, steady flow of nourishment in and energy out to get the maximum benefit to our heart and other vital organs. So little white powdered donuts, bah bye! Valentines Day candy marked 90% off--no more hopping into my shopping cart.
I'm ready now, Better U Challenge. From now on, sensible eating, steady exercise and a Better Me.

1 comment:

  1. I soooo relate to that hibernating bear. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete