Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Jouney Continues

Well today is another day in my 12 week journey. To my surprise the water aerobics class was fantastic! I really did not want to get out of the pool. But reality quickly set in that I had to "keep it moving" in order to arrive in the gym for Team Weight Loss. I now that the old adage states that "Rome was not built in a day..." and conversely I did not gain my weight in a day. But I must admit for the most part it was more fun gaining than loosing. :-) Who knew that loosing would be so hard? Hard as it may be I am happy to report that I am very encouraged.

My stamina and endurance has increased tremendously. My chronic back pain, though it is ever present, is not always at the forefront of my mind. And in my opinion this is a good thing.

I feel that after the BetterU Challenge I will continue exercising in the gym. I am becoming more conscience of what I eat and when (time of day). I am drinking more water. (Although I still drink one a regular Coke a day.) I am working on not using food to find solace during a crisis. And I will be the first to admit that this alone is worth celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment