Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 3: Stick to Your Plan

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – I just love reading your blogs. Carla, pictures don’t lie, do they? There’s no way that sweet innocent face of your beautiful twin could be an evil saboteur. She sure doesn’t look like a Little Debbie temptress. Pictures don’t lie, or do they?!?! Well, I don’t need a little Debbie temptress in my life, because I am she. That is, until right now. I am letting you know that I am going to be a BetterMe despite myself. I am going to start tracking my eating and physical activity in a beautiful journal that my friend gave me for Christmas. I haven’t used it yet and I think it’s about time I do. One thing I really want to start doing is to drink more water. Do any of you have a problem with not drinking enough water? I hope not, but if you do, then I’m in good company. I drink way too many cans of Diet Pepsi and I’m going to try to replace them with glasses of fresh, sparkling water. I’m going to add a slice of lime to my water and I am going to love drinking that refreshing water. I am really looking forward to adding water to my diet and getting rid of all my cans of Diet Pepsi. As I was reading this week’s program, I noticed that it said sneak in 10-minute or more bouts of activity throughout my day. That’s easy enough. I also like the idea of increasing the intensity of the activities I already do, like cleaning with more vigor. That’s what I’m going to do tonight – clean my kitchen floor with vim and vigor. So ladies, I am going to attack the kitchen floor with a vengeance; the kitchen floor will meet its match; and I will get a little stronger. And goodbye, Diet Pepsi - hello, refreshing sparking H2O. That’s my plan and I’m sticking to it!
Sandy F.

1 comment:

  1. Inspiring! I shall attack my Christmas tree with a vengeance! Yes, it's still up but I shall put my mind and body to it and banish it to the basement.

    I've always been quite fond of water but find myself consuming a lot of sweet tea on the weekends while gallivanting about town (those McDonalds $1 drinks add up!). I, too, will commit to tracking my water intake. I will use my calendar that gives me an at a glance overview of the month.

    ReplyDelete