Take the American Heart Association's 12-week Go Red BetterU Challenge today! Join Julie, Laura, Molly, Pamela, Paula, Renee and Ruthann in this journey to better health. BetterU is a free online tool that provides resources and tools for women who want to improve their health. Start! now so you can be on the path to becoming a BetterU!


Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 4: Surround Yourself with Support

I really, really believe that building a support team is one of the most important aspects of staying motivated. Annette, Carla, Natale and Peggy - you are four lucky women. You have informational support through the BetterU Program. You have emotional support from all of us on the BetterU Committee. And you have participatory support from each other and the entire group of inspired women who are taking the BetterU challenge right along with you. Don’t ever hesitate to call me if you want someone to talk to or walk with. I’m here for you! We all need each other. I love that song by Bill Withers, Lean On Me. As you know, I am a member of the Indianapolis Hiking Club and I absolutely love it. It motivates me to keep walking because walking with friends is so much more fun for me than walking by myself. I hope you all try it at least once. Just go to indyhike.org and check it out. I’ll be leading a hike for beginners on Tuesday, April 4, 2011, at 6:00 pm at Northwestway Park. I hope you join me and the Indianapolis Hiking Club. I’m also a member of TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) and I find a lot of support through this non-profit organization. Of course, we are all different and we all have different support needs. I just hope no one is trying to do this alone. We’re all in this together. Sandy F.

No comments:

Post a Comment